Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Timeless


How do I turn this off?

Driving in the dark

With a lump in my throat… again

Your smile in my mind… again

Your face like coming home

To myself

To wholeness

To that parallel life I discarded

That haunts my heart.

Will I ever be home?

There’s always someone else…

There’s no one else

Only you

The one I seek urgently in sleep

In crowded buildings,

Pushing through throngs,

Scanning each face

For the precious one that brings me home,

Quickly, before it’s too late -

Before you’re gone

Without knowing I was there.

But I’m not there;

I’m here, in the wrong universe

Where walking hand in hand with you

Is my sweetest hopeless wish,

Here in my car, in the dark,

With a lumpy throat,

And I can’t turn it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home